Workplace Discrimination or Harassment Based on Nationality
If you have experienced any form of discrimination or harassment at work based on your national origin, you should speak to an employment attorney as soon as possible. You may have a claim against your employer and you may be entitled to compensation.
At the Law Offices of Miguel S. Ramirez, we can help you protect your rights as an employee and determine what steps to take. To schedule a free consultation to discuss your legal options, please contact us online or call 213-975-0003. Se habla español.
Examples of National Origin Discrimination
Specific examples of national origin discrimination at work include:
- English-only rules
- Demotion or job denial because applicant has an accent
- Failure to interview applicant based on last name or national origin
- Pay gap on the basis of national origin
- Verbal or physical abuse based on national origin
- Discrimination against a spouse based on marriage to someone of a different national origin
- Discrimination against another individual based on association with individuals of a different national origin
Employees in California are protected by the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and state and federal employment laws. Our lawyer can explain how these laws protect you and suggest a course of legal action based on the specific circumstances of your case.
Contact a Los Angeles Attorney for Nationality Discrimination
If you have experienced any example of national origin discrimination at work – or if you wish to speak to an attorney to determine if you have a case – please contact us online or call 213-975-0003.
We serve clients in Los Angeles County, San Bernardino County, Riverside County, Orange County and the surrounding areas of Southern California, including the San Fernando Valley and Inland Empire.