Workplace Discrimination Based On National Origin Or Ethnicity
If you have experienced any form of discrimination or harassment at work based on your national origin or ethnic background, you should speak to an employment attorney as soon as possible. You may have a claim against your employer, and you may be entitled to compensation.
At the Law Offices of Miguel S. Ramirez, we can help you protect your rights as an employee and determine what steps to take. To schedule a free consultation to discuss your legal options, call today at 213-975-0003. We handle employment discrimination in the Los Angeles area and Southern California. Se habla español.
Examples Of National Origin Discrimination
Under state and federal law, workers cannot be subjected to discrimination based on their national origin, ethnicity or perceived national origin. Examples of national origin discrimination in the workplace include:
- English-only rules
- Demotion or job denial because the applicant has an accent
- Failure to interview applicants based on last name or national origin
- Pay gap on the basis of national origin
- Physical or verbal abuse based on one’s country of origin
- Discrimination based on marriage to someone of a different national origin
- Discrimination based on association with individuals of a different national origin
- A combination of religious discrimination and nationality discrimination
Employees in California are protected by the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and other state and federal employment laws. Attorney Miguel S. Ramirez has nearly 20 years of legal experience, including a background in employer defense. He can explain how these laws protect you and suggest a course of legal action based on the specific circumstances of your case.
Contact Our Los Angeles Attorney About Nationality Discrimination
If you have experienced any discrimination at work based on your accent, your ethnic background or your country of origin, speak to our attorney to determine if you have a case. Please contact us online or call 213-975-0003. We take cases throughout Los Angeles County and surrounding counties.